November 1st, 2013 12:00 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Florida Georgia, Gus Malzahn, Mississippi State, Nick Marshall, Practice Injury Reports, SEC, South Carolina
1. Weather could play a role in the Florida-Georgia game. Who benefits from rainy,wet conditions?
2. What about Florida running back Kelvin Taylor? Georgia allows the most yards per carry outside the tackles in the SEC
3. Only six people have both played and coached in the Florida-Georgia game.
4. Georgia receiver Justin Scott-Wesley – out for the year with a knee injury - arrested on a marijuana charge.
5. Auburn-Arkansas and Gus Malzahn’s return to his home state. ”He’s coming into town to do a job. It’s not a welcome home party, it’s not a social event.”
6. Arkansas coach Bret Bielema on what he and Malzahn will talk about before the game. ”I have no idea.”
7. Will the Razorbacks defense be up to the challenge? Defensive coordinator Chris Ash: “I like our plan.”
8. An appreciation for South Carolina quarterback Connor Shaw: “All he does is grit his teeth and play understated, yet almost perfect, football…”
9. South Carolina kicker Elliott Fry checks his blood sugar about eight times a day - has Type 1 diabetes.
10. Mississippi State’s offense has scored 10 second-half points in the last three games.
11. One view of Missouri quarterback Maty Mauk: “Mauk is a kind of high-risk, high-reward proposition at quarterback.”
12. Tennessee tackle Ja’Wuan James on freshman quarterback Joshua Dobbs: ”I don’t want to say perfect, but there’s nothing really bad about the kid.”
12A. Update: NCAA declares Maurice Coach permanently ineligible. UT will appeal.
13. Kentucky running back Raymond Sanders keeps thinking about the potential game-winning touchdown he almost broke against Mississippi State. ”It’s been a chip on my shoulder.”
14. Vanderbilt safety Kenny Ladlar leads the SEC in solo tackles and forced fumbles.
15. Texas A&M coach Kevin Sumlin on scheduling in the SEC: “I think the thing that’s different about the SEC that people aren’t used to is nonconference opponents late in the year.”
16. Criticized earlier in the year, the Alabama offensive line is starting to click. Nick Saban: ”We have improved. ”
17. Recalling the 2011 Alabama-LSU regular season game. “It was a festival all week.”
18. Don’t expect a decision on Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall until right before kickoff.
19. Good news for Missouri. Cornerback E.J. Gaines expected to return to the lineup Saturday against Tennessee.
20. Ole Miss gets a chance to see its lineup without suspended guard Marshall Henderson - Rebels play an exhibition game against USC-Aiken.
21. Ole Miss AD Ross Bjork: “There are a lot of things in place to monitor him, and as he goes through this he’s getting better every single day.”
22. Arkansas coach Mike Anderson: “The biggest question mark as we move past the Red-White game is will we be able to stop somebody?”
23. Kentucky coach John Calipari on a less-physical approach this year: “It’s not football. And I’m glad it’s not football with us having to be in the SEC playing football.”
24. Missouri needs production from its newcomers in the front court this year.
25. Are Florida State Jameis Winston and Texas A&M’s Johnny Manziel polar opposites?
26. Storm clouds for Major League Baseball? Average viewer of the World Series this year is 54.4 years old.
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|