April 9th, 2014 12:25 PM║ Posted By: Mike Mitchell ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Alabama, Auburn, Bobby Denton, Butch Jones, Elliot Fry, Georgia, Notre Dame
1. Tennessee coach Butch Jones on the team’s Sunday night opener against Utah State: “We’re very, very excited about that. It’s also a great opportunity to perform on the SEC Network.”
2. Tennessee quarterbacks Justin Worley and Riley Ferguson took first- and second-team reps, respectively, on Tuesday.
3. Georgia and Notre Dame reportedly working on a home-and-home series starting in 2018. A.D. Greg McGarity: “We talk with a lot of institutions about future scheduling and Notre Dame is one of them.”
4. Bulldogs turn to fans for playcalling help?
5. Judge says Auburn fan was guilty of disorderly conduct when he stormed the field following the Iron Bowl. His attorney asks why his behavior was any different than thousands of others.
6. Auburn coach Gus Malzahn’s message to his team: “The big thing is we needed to be more physical.”
7. Florida coach Will Muschamp on quarterback Jeff Driskel: “He’s throwing the ball very accurately.”
8. Over the weekend, Alabama coach Nick Saban mentioned three quarterbacks by name. Yesterday, he left one of them out.
9. Georgia quarterback Hutson Mason on Aaron Murray: “I think one of the great things is he kind of just passed the torch,”
10. Injuries taking their toll on spring practice at Missouri. Coach Gary Pinkel: “We had to cut our reps back a little bit…”
11. South Carolina All-SEC freshman kicker Elliot Fry is now on scholarship. ”It’s awesome, obviously. Love it.”
12. Mississippi State’s Justin Cox is moving back to safety. “I can see the field. Free safety was my first love.”
13. Arkansas linebacker Otha Peters is changing numbers. “Five, I felt like, was a curse,”
14. Ole Miss had its spring game early in order to get a full month with the strength and conditioning coordinator.
15. The long-time PA announcer at Neyland Stadium has died. Bobby Denton had been battling cancer.
16. Steve Spurrier and the advantages of living close to Augusta, Georgia.
18. Tim Sullivan on John Calipari rumors: “Was Rex Chapman wrong? Too soon to say.”
19. Regardless of how many players Kentucky loses to the NBA draft, expectations will still be high in Lexington next season. Wildcats at 12-1 to win it all in 2015. Arizona the favorite at 6-1.
20. Arkansas guard Dee Wagner is transferring.
21. Missouri assistant coach Mark Phelps leaving for a job on the Marquette staff.
23. Are you ready for the AJ McCarron/Katherine Webb reality television show?
|Post Comments »||Comments (3)|