November 30th, 2012 12:29 PM║ Posted By: MrSEC.com ║ Permalink
║ Schools: Alabama, Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Missouri, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt
Tags: Coaching News, MAC, Notre Dame, SEC
1. Butch Jones: Bobby Petrino without the baggage?
2. Mike Herndon: “Bobby Petrino is exactly what Auburn needs. And exactly what it doesn’t need.”
3. First time since 2004 that the SEC has had as many as four coaching changes.
4. Dan Mullen and James Franklin are just two of the reasons why you shouldn’t delete candidates with no prior head-coaching experience.
5. Even when you win 81% of your games, there are going to be some unhappy fans.
6. Is Will Muschamp worried about losing staff at Florida? ”This is a great place to work and we’ve got a good, young football team and we’re going to be good for a long time, OK?,”
SEC Championship Game
7. Kevin Scarbinsky: “The odds of the SEC Championship Game turning into a classic are only slightly better than Charlie Brown’s chances to kick the ball out of Lucy’s hold.”
8. Nick Saban on watching Michael Jordan footage, scripting the first 10-12 plays of the game, and Alabama’s pass rush: “We don’t have a dominant rusher this year.”
9. Saban on Georgia linebacker Jarvis Jones: “The guy is probably one of the best defensive players in the country in terms of his playmaking ability.”
10. Alabama will need to run the ball successfully to keep Jones off balance.
11. Why does Notre Dame linebacker Manti Te’o get more Heisman buzz than Jones? “Because he plays for Notre Dame.”
12. There are several players who could use this game as a springboard to make a run at the 2013 Heisman.
13. These two teams have only met 14 times in the past 47 years. But there have been several memorable moments.
14. The Alabama-Georgia rosters feature seven players from the Memphis area.
15. Fall Saturdays are busy when one son plays for Alabama – the other for Georgia.
16. Where does the loser of this game go bowling? It gets complicated.
17. Mike Slive on Atlanta as a host city, being “comfortable” at 14 SEC schools, and what tops his to-do list for the coming year.
18. Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel making five media appearances today. One year ago tomorrow, Mike Sherman was fired as Aggies coach.
19. Don’t ask the barber for a “Manziel” and expect to stay in school.
20. Three SEC teams in play for the Cotton Bowl.
21. Competency hearing scheduled for Harvey Updyke.
22. If Georgia Tech loses Saturday and drops to 6-7, they’ll still be bowl-eligible thanks to NCAA waiver and the MAC is not happy about it.
23. Louisville is now 10-2 after beating Rutgers last night and likely earned a BCS bowl bid – either the Orange or Sugar Bowl.
24. Monte Kiffin is leaving USC – wants to go back to the NFL.
***Update*** – Sheldon Richardson makes it official. Mizzou defensive tackle will enter 2013 NFL draft.
26. Notre Dame 64 – Kentucky 50. John Calipari: “What disappointed me was we didn’t compete.”
27. LSU 72 – Seton Hall 67. 5-0 Tigers storm back from 16-point second-half deficit.
28. St. John’s 89 – South Carolina 65. Gamecocks guard Brenton Williams injures his neck – placed in brace. Frank Martin: “I know what my trainers said after the game that he never lost feeling in his extremities and he had movement.” Back in Columbia.
29. Florida 82 – Marquette 40. 6-0 Gators get 17 points off the bench from Michael Frazier II.
30. In what’s expected to be a jam-packed Bud Walton Arena tonight, the Arkansas Razorbacks host the undefeated and top-1o ranked Syracuse Orange. Students camping out?
31. Tennessee vs. Georgetown tonight is SEC vs. Big East. Expect a Big Ten style game.
32. Auburn hosts DePaul tonight. Tigers have never won in the SEC-Big East challenge.
33. Vanderbilt hosts Villanova Saturday. Commodores need Kedron Johnson to be a consistent scorer.
34. Florida’s basketball arena may get a $50 million makeover. UF Trustees voting on $10 million of the price next week.
35. Some minor violations for Mizzou basketball and football
36. It takes more skill to be a basketball player than it does to be an investor.
|Post Comments »||No Comments|