1. Can South Carolina’s Jadeveon Clowney win the Heisman? Steve Spurrier: “It would be very difficult,”
2. Why are Arkansas coach Bret Bielema and Florida State assistant Tim Brewster engaged in a Twitter feud? More on Bielema’s tweets here.
3. Are Alabama A.D. Bill Battle’s Tennessee connections coming back to haunt him? ”Nice to know the Third Saturday in October rivalry still has some teeth, at least off the field.”
4. Matt Hayes on Kevin Sumlin’s team: “It’s almost cosmic the way things lined up and played out for Texas A&M.”
5. Texas A&M A.D. Eric Hyman says about 3,000 people are on a waiting list for Aggies season tickets this fall. Aggies dropping future series with Oregon and Southern Cal.
6. Texas A&M and South Carolina/Missouri and Arkansas new permanent rivals starting in 2014.
7. Scott Rabalais: Three reasons eight games are not enough for the SEC long term.
8. Good news for Kentucky safety Ashely Lowery now recovering from a car wreck. Expected to return to Lexington in early June and rejoin the team.
9. Is Central Florida a trap game on South Carolina’s schedule?
10. In case you didn’t know, the most important Georgia player this fall is quarterback Aaron Murray.
11.Senior Bowl executive director Phil Savage thinks Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron and linebacker C.J. Mosley profile as potential first-round NFL picks.
12. Can Ole Miss freshman running back Jordan Wilkins make an impact this year?”
13. Is Georgia spending enough? ”Some quiet complaints.”
14. NCAA investigating Auburn? President Jay Gogue: ”Not that I’m aware of. Certainly the protocol is to receive a phone call from them telling you that and I have not received one.”
15. Gogue doesn’t support paying college athletes beyond a cost-of-living stipend: ”You’re spending about $150,000 per student-athlete in terms of training, medical costs and all that. That’s probably an appropriate amount for a college kid.”
16. Former Alabama player Tyrone Prothro deposed in lawsuit involving NCAA and video game maker Electronic Arts.
17. Nick Saban admits he made up a “flimsy excuse” to meet A.J. McCarron’s girlfriend, Katherine Webb.
18. Tommy Tomlinson on Ohio State’s president. “I want to like Gordon Gee…But Gordon, buddy, you’re making this hard.”
19. Rick Pitino on Gee: “He’s a pompous ass for making those statements.”
20. MrSEC: “Gee was trying to be cute and as is usually the case when he tries to be cute… he failed miserably.”
21. NCAA president Mark Emmert on the idea of a “super division” of larger schools. ”I think it would be healthy and the right thing to do.”
22. Former Alabama quarterback Phillip Sims no longer enrolled at Virginia – academic issues.
23. Texas A.D. Deloss Dodds prefers an eight-team college football playoff.
24. John Adams: “Better recruiting would do more for the conference than tougher scheduling.”
25. “Among the top 100 players ranked by Rivals, 21 are slated to perform next winter in the SEC.”
26. Auburn won’t be going to the 2013 Puerto Rico Tip-off after all - ”devastating blow to the Tigers’ schedule.”
27. Former Kentucky basketball coach Eddie Sutton has a big fan in current Kentucky coach John Calipari: ”I would love for him to come to my practice and evaluate what we are doing and be a set of eyes for me.”
28. Long before she was Rutgers A.D., Julie Hermann faced a lawsuit as a volleyball coach at Tennessee.
29. Louisville A.D. Tom Jurich comes to her defense.