2. What’s the biggest difference right now between Auburn and Ole Miss? “Simply put, Ole Miss is more consistent.”
3. Both teams call a lot of plays – 295 for Ole Miss this year, 290 for Auburn.
4. The mystery of Kentucky’s starting quarterback. Coaches won’t say but a source said it’s Jalen Whitlow.
5. South Carolina is a heavy favorite against Kentucky but will Steve Spurrier “try not to embarrass a Stoops”? Spurrier is common link to many Kentucky blowout losses.
6. Quarterback Tyler Murphy will make his first career start at The Swamp Saturday when Florida hosts Arkansas.
7. Javontee Herndon is Arkansas’ top receiver and a Florida native but he wasn’t recruited by the Gators out of high school.
8. Travis Dickson is a tight end for LSU. He grew up a Mississippi State fan and is a third-generation SEC player.
9. How dominant has LSU been in this matchup? Tigers have won 13 straight and 20 of the last 21.
10. Georgia safety Josh Harvey-Clemons is coming off a 15-tackle performance against LSU: “It’s the biggest game I’ve ever played in.”
11. Big reason why Bulldogs have won three straight? Line of scrimmage play on both sides.
12. Will Tennessee make a bowl game this year? MrSEC’s Josh Ward is among those with an opinion.
13. Missouri is healthy and undefeated heading to Vanderbilt: ”Right now, we’re not taking anything for granted. Going into SEC play, we’re 0-0 and we’re just trying be 1-0.”
14. Tigers linebacker Andrew Wilson leads the team in tackles. Thirty years ago, his father did the same for Mizzou.
15. Missouri coach Gary Pinkel on Vanderbilt wide receiver Jordan Matthews: “He’s really an impact player.”
16. Alabama freshman offensive lineman Grant Hill expected to make his debut Saturday against Georgia State.
17. Who are the most “volatile” fans in the SEC? Study says it’s LSU, Ole Miss and Georgia.
18. Pat Forde on the controversy over behavior at a play on the Ole Miss campus that involved freshmen football players: “The apology is certainly welcome and needed. But there has to be action behind it.”
19. NCAA facing its third concussion lawsuit. Helmet-manufacturer Riddell and its parent compan are also named in the suit.
20. Iowa State coach Paul Rhoades was not a happy man last night after losing to Texas.
21. A rivalry no more but a new book chronicles Missouri-Kansas battles.
22. Florida guard Jon Halapio is playing with ”80 percent tear” in his pectoral.
23. Vanderbilt kick returner Darrius Sims practiced this week with a cast on his right wrist and thumb.
24. Wendell Lewis booted from the Mississippi State basketball team. Second player removed in the past 20 days.