1. Why was Steve Spurrier’s TV show pulled? He felt he was “too negative” toward some coaches and the team’s performance. “I’m going to be more positive.” Some background on a story that generated some buzz.
2. Will Mississippi State quarterback Tyler Russell start against LSU? Dan Mullen: “That’s the plan. ”
3. LSU coach Les Miles says he needs more cowbell.
4. Gus Malzahn vs. Hugh Freeze - ”believed to be the first game between two successful longtime high school coaches in a BCS conference.”
5. Will Auburn freshman quarterback Jeremy Johnson redshirt this year?
6. Southern Miss transfer Anthony Alford is imitating Auburn quarterback Nick Marshall in practice this week for Ole Miss.
7. Opponents converting just 17.8 of the time on third down against Florida’s defense.
8. We know Florida’s defense is good but their offense is struggling – ranks ahead of only Kentucky in scoring points.
9. Florida coach Will Muschamp is impressed with Arkansas running back Alex Collins: “He’s a heck of a football player.”
10. Collins one of many Arkansas players with Florida ties.
11. Missouri wide receiver Dorial Green-Beckham was suspended for the Vanderbilt game last year - but he’s ready for this year’s game: Has emerged as Tigers top target.
12. Playing Georgia this week, Tennessee assistant coaches John Jancek and Willie Martinez downplay their connections to the Bulldogs program.
13. This one seems to come up just about every year. What would happen if Alabama played an NFL team?
15. Tennessee running back Marlin Lane “50-50″ for the Georgia game.
16. Georgia safety Tray Matthews didn’t practice Wednesday (hamstring). Running back Todd Gurley still sidelined (ankle). Wide receiver Michael Bennett’s knee was bothering him.
17. One Kentucky quarterback is getting the majority of reps in practice, but coach Mark Stoops isn’t saying who it is.
18, Auburn cornerback Chris Davis not listed on the depth chart but could play Saturday.
20. Anticipation running high at Kentucky -record number of campers for Big Blue Madness.
21. Kentucky forward Alex Poythress: “The sky is the limit for this team, so why not aim at 40-0?”
22. Rutgers transfer Eli Carter will be sidelined for the start of practice at Florida.
23. Until Bud Walton Arena is repaired from flood damage, Arkansas will workout in the PE building.
24. Missouri coach Frank Haith likes his backcourt.
25. NCAA data obtained by ESPN.com shows SEC generates more of its total athletic department revenue from football than any other conference.
26. Would SEC Commissioner Mike Slive support the “Olympic” model - where athletes can receive money off their own name?
27. By moving to the Big Ten, Rutgers expects an additional $200 million over 12 years.
28. Who’s going to serve on the selection committee for the College Football Playoff? Reportedly West Virginia A.D. Oliver Luck will.
30. Ed Orgeron’s opportunity at USC.
31. Did Texas coach Mack Brown get a sideline reporter for the Longhorns radio network fired?
32. Rick Pitino’s brief appearance on Boston radio.