1. Tennessee’s recruiting haul continued over the weekend, with the Vols getting their third four-star prospect in three days. Norcross (Ga.) High School linebacker Kevin Mouhon is the latest commitment. His offer list included Florida and Auburn. Tennesse now has 24 commitments in its 2014 class with sixth of them coming in the past week. Putting this run in perspective – “Perhaps the only close comparison is former coach Lane Kiffin reeling in three four-stars on one day in September of 2009.”
2. After a weekend commitment from defensive tackle Lamont Gaillard, the nation’s number-three ranked defensive lineman, Georgia rising rapidly in the recruiting rankings. Bulldogs now have 16 commitments in the class of 2014.
3. Top inside linebacker prospect Raekwon McMillan will take an official visit to Georgia this fall.
4. Auburn gets a commitment from Georgia Military College defensive tackle Devaroe Lawrence. ”I love Coach Garner.”
5. Tigers also get commitment from Mississippi Gulf Coast Community College receiver D’haquille Williams. Had previously been committed to LSU. His JUCO coach: “I know he’s really, really good,”
6. Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas defensive tackle Anthony Moten decommitted from Florida Saturday. Looking at Florida State, Miami and South Carolina.
7. Ole Miss gets a pledge from Dallas, Texas defensive end Victor Evans. He becomes the Rebels 20th commitment in the upcoming class.
8. Missouri taps the Lone Star state for its latest commitment. Arlington, Texas linebacker Roderick Winters says he wants to be a Tiger. Winters plays at the same high school as current Mizzou running back Russell Hansbrough and former Tiger defensive back Kip Edwards.