1. Georgia offensive lineman Kolton Houston finally received good news on Thursday – he’s eligible to play for the Bulldogs.
2. What does his Houston’s availability mean for Georgia’s offensive line? Seth Emerson takes a look.
3. An Alabama staffer had his salary frozen and his contract wasn’t extended for a year because of violations at another school.
4. Nebraska coach Bo Pelini said there are a lot of SEC teams other than Alabama that wish they were Nebraska, Michigan or Ohio State.
5. Alabama’s future home-and-home series with Georgia Tech has been postponed.
6. Tommy Tuberville’s son, Tucker, will walk on at Auburn and play quarterback.
7. Auburn defensive coordinator Ellis Johnson likes his depth at linebacker entering fall camp.
8. Defensive end Chase Robison says he is transferring from Texas Tech to Auburn.
9. LSU safety Craig Loston is the SEC’s 22nd best player, according to ESPN’s Chris Low.
10. There are plenty of questions about LSU as it enters the season as a young, talented group.
11. Here’s a preview of TCU, which will open the season against LSU in Dallas on Aug. 31.
12. Mississippi State has adopted a new commercial tailgating policy for the fall.
13. Florida defensive coordinator D.J. Durkin spoke about the Gators’ defense, including suspended linebacker Antonio Morrison.
14. Kentucky’s single-game tickets will go on sale to the general public on Aug. 7.
15. Running back Raymond Sanders is an important part of Kentucky’s offense.
16. South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier made it clear Thursday he’s not worried about eligibility issues with Jadeveon Clowney.
17. There are no on-field questions about Clowney. How about the rest of the Gamecocks’ defense?
18. Vanderbilt coach James Franklin yelled “Anchor Down” as he jumped off a cliff.
19. Ole Miss coach Andy Kennedy says suspended guard Marshall Henderson has been compliant so “he can hopefully join us when the fall term begins” in August.
20. Here’s a look at the Missouri basketball team as the summer is coming to an end.
21. Major change is on the way for the NCAA, according to NCAA president Mark Emmert.
22. A good read: Chris Brown takes a look at defending the read-option.
23. Former Texas A&M WR Ryan Swope – drafted by Arizona in April – has decided to retire for now because of concussion issues.
24. This story by Gregg Doyel about Memphis quarterback Jacob Karam and an 11-year-old cancer patient is a must read.
25. Oklahoma has extended the contract of coach Bob Stoops through the 2020 season.
26. Vince Young’s belongings will be auctioned off to settle a $1.7 million debt.