2. With Rodney Garner departing for Auburn, what’s next for Georgia?
3. Saban on finding secondary coach Jeremy Pruitt’s replacement at Alabama: “If we find him before Christmas, we’ll hire him. If we find him after, we’ll hire him.”
4. Pruitt will leave Alabama after the BCS title game to become Florida State’s defensive coordinator. His salary will jump from $260,000 to around $540,000.
5. Former Tennessee defensive coordinator Sal Sunseri will join Pruitt at Florida State. He’ll get a $198,000 base salary at FSU and receive $50,000 a month from Tennessee.
6. Three years after getting fired at Georgia, assistant coaches John Jancek and Willie Martinez have reunited in Knoxville.
7. Promoted to offensive coordinator, Missouri assistant coach Josh Henson will make $500,000 a year in his new role, more than doubling his salary. This should help pay the salary.
8. Pat Forde hands out grades for new coaching hires. Only Arkansas gets an “A” in the SEC.
9. Berry Tramel on Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy: ”Gundy often brings up commitment to the seniors…Forget, for a moment, the irony of a coach who flirted with Tennessee and Arkansas two weeks ago to talk like that.”
10. One view on former Notre Dame coach Lou Holtz: “After years of irrationally picking Notre Dame to win every game… this undefeated run has made him the smartest man in the studio.”
11. Why some Oregon boosters are highly annoyed at Chip Kelly.
12. Derek Dooley joins the FFCA – “founded by some guy name Gruden.”
NFL Draft Prospects
13. CBS Sports says Tennessee quarterback Tyler Bray is headed to the NFL. A range of predictions for his NFL draft slot.
14. Linebacker C.J. Mosley will stay for his senior year at Alabama. Two other Alabama juniors - Eddie Lacy and Dee Milliner – will wait until after BCS Championship Game to make a decision about the NFL.
15. Former South Carolina quarterback Stephen Garcia could be a presence at bowl practices. Steve Spurrier says he’s not worried about it but he did have high praise for defensive coordinator Lorenzo Ward: “I think he’s developing into one of the best defensive coordinators in college ball.”
16. Georgia junior offensive tackle Austin Long underwent surgery Thursday for a broken hand – not counted out of bowl game. Defensive end Abry Jones continues to recover from ankle surgery. Mark Richt: “It’s definitely a possibility (he plays).”
17. Gus Malzahn signed Kiehl Frazier back in 2011 when he was Auburn’s offensive coordinator. The new Auburn coach says the quarterback will benefit from his return: “We recruited him specifically for this system.”
18. How did Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze react to the news of signing prized junior college recruit Lavon Hooks? “He started crying on the phone.”
19. 15 true freshmen have played this year at LSU – that’s second most in the country.
20. Expect the tight ends to play a more prominent role in the Mississippi State offense in 2013.
21. Preparing college athletes for sudden wealth. Ole Miss uses a curriculum devised by financial guru Dave Ramsey.
22. 56 players have accepted invitations to play in the Senior Bowl – including 13 from the SEC.
23. ESPN: “Since 2006, the SEC has won more bowl games (36) and been to more bowls (55) than any other conference”
24. A Christmas wish list for SEC East teams.
25. Arkansas 79 – Robert Morris 74. Career-high 16 points for forward Hunter Mickelson.
26. Vanderbilt vs. MTSU. Teams are meeting for fifth straight year but no plans to play anymore.
27. Mississippi State senior forward Wendell Lewis may petition the NCAA for a medical redshirt. Had surgery Wednesday for a fractured right knee cap.
28. Redshirt season a possibility for Tennessee forward Jeronne Maymon. No special NCAA waiver is necessary.
29. Kentucky’s point guard: “(I)f this team is truly going to reach their full potential, they need Ryan Harrow to be able to run the show.”
30. ESPN draft experts rank Kentucky’s pro prospects.
31. A chance for Ole Miss to get some resume wins this weekend in Hawaii.
32. Mizzou-Illinois Saturday in St. Louis. Coach Frank Haith: “I’ve never seen that (kind of atmosphere).” “College basketball needs more games like this before conference play.”
33. More on Haith: “I really, really want to be good.”
34. The season ticket base at Florida has dwindled from 7,000 to 4,100.
35. This SEC Power Poll has the Gators at the top of the conference. Florida and Missouri in two of three “Must see TV” games this weekend.
36. LSU guard Anthony Hickey has returned from suspension but he’ll have to work his way back into the starting lineup.
37. Will Leitch: “I think it’s time for college basketball to stand up for itself.”